Today’s post is by my colleague Dr. Jonathan Walker, creator of PI Marketing Elite.
It’s no secret. You feel it. I feel it. No other time in history have there been so many forces fighting against the success of hard working chiropractors.
Low insurance payouts, Medicare cuts, and a restrictive HMO/PPO contracts have all combined to make it difficult on chiropractic offices nationwide.
Add to that the recent recession, which continues to put many doctors out of business, and you have what some call the Perfect Storm.
Chiropractor’s personal income has been declining. Sadly some have even had to close their doors and find a job working for someone else.
It’s not getting any easier. Even with all the questions regarding the new Health Care Reform Act, things are likely to get much worse. Wouldn’t you agree?
While as doctors, our heart always aches to help every patient, we’ve got to pay the bills or else close the doors. While the occasional charity case is seen in chiropractors offices (probably more than any other health care profession), most of us did not open our practice to struggle through.
As a doctor of chiropractic you should get paid, and get paid well for what you do.
That’s why I love seeing lots of personal injury patients. None of the problems I mentioned above really affect PI cases.
1. PI cases are at a minimum 2-3 times higher in payouts than Major Med or Medicare patients.
It’s very likely that someone involved in a motor vehicle collision will require more care than the average chiropractic patient. Not necessarily more visits, although that could be the case, but more services per visit due to bruising, ligament damage, disc herniations, etc.
2. PI cases are not part of the national healthcare/health insurance mess.
Who knows what’s going to happen with the changes in medical insurance. But, one thing we do know is that these changes do not apply to Auto Insurance Policies. This means if done the right way, you’ll get paid for what you did on that injured PI patient.
3. Most Auto carriers pay generous fees for your services.
Have you ever had your fees cut 40%…50%…60% by a Major Med carrier? Rarely have I seen a PI carrier cut PI case fees. What about attorneys cutting fees?
4. You’ve got an attorney fighting for the patient (and you!)
Attorneys aren’t always bad right? Especially when they’re working for your patient so you can get paid. Sure it takes a bit longer to get paid on some PI cases, but at 2-3 times the payout, it’s well worth it.
5. There are copious amounts of studies backing up your care for auto injuries.
If you’re trying to build your case as to why the patient needed all the care you provided, you’ve got a plethora of studies that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. This comes in very handy when writing a narrative.
PI Marketing Elite will show you:
- How to get more profitable personal injury patients without using unprofessional methods, schmoozing with attorneys, or chasing ambulances.
- How to optimize your billing and coding procedures, plus make sure you get paid for all the valuable care you provide.
- How to have a captive audience of 20+ attorneys come to your PI lunch seminar…and how to have the whole thing willingly paid for by a third party.
- How to generate more PI referrals indirectly from your existing patient base…without being forceful, unprofessional, or even mentioning a word directly to them.
- The fast and easy way to add new PI-related profit centers to your practice that patients will love, like low-cost rehab (under $200), massage therapy, and more.